Clara Van Wel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» how to export olm to pst
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 am by RogerBarraza

» Discount Coupon code for Leawo YouTube Downloader Pro software
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am by HermanRichards

» Discount Coupon code for Movavi Video Converter Personal software
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 12:16 pm by HermanRichards

» Discount Coupon Code for Zoolz Cloud 500 GB
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:35 am by HermanRichards

» convert edb to pst file
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:05 pm by HermanRichards

» Export-mac-olm-to-pst-3.1
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 am by kevinhoule

» Native Instruments Maschine Version 1.6.2 (Mac)
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 am by chereglad

» Ninel Conde En Playboy Xxx
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:09 am by chereglad

» Scandals Unlimited 3gp
Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 pm by chereglad

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock

Go down

Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Empty Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock

Post  Admin Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Acoustic Pop Wins Over Rock Acousticwinsoverpop

A 14-year-old Blenheim girl singing acoustic pop songs has once again melted the hearts of hardcore rock fans to win the Smokefreerockquest on Saturday night.

Clara van Wel said she felt like an outsider competing at the rock competition despite winning the title last year.

She was thankful to have her best friend waiting in the wings, acting as her backstage crew, for support.

"You just have to put yourself out there and hope they like you," she said. Her job wasn't made any easier performing after Hold On We're Sinking, who had the crowd at the Marlborough Convention Centre dancing and jumping around, Clara said.

The Marlborough Girls' College student played two of her own songs, For A Moment and What Else Is There?

"It's hard to put a genre on your own music but it's probably quite poppy or similar to folk," she said. "But on stage you can't really see the crowd so you can just imagine what's out there."

A member from each band was invited on stage to reveal the winner, she said.

"Of course they do it in that drawn-out fashion to create suspense, which is annoying. Then just as they were about to announce the winner the microphone broke so that added to the suspense."

The former Marlborough Stars in Your Eyes winner was shocked to hear her name called out, she said.

"I thought the novelty of last year would have worn off and I wouldn't win this time. I just thought I'd give it my best shot."

Clara and runners-up Two Brothers get to submit a 15-minute video to the Smokefreerockquest headquarters in a bid to reach the national final of the competition.

Only the top six acts across New Zealand are selected, she said.

People's Choice winners First World Disasters were thrilled with their award.

"The judges are only two people," said band member Mitch Alderlieste. "If you have the audience vote for you, that's pretty cool. We were glad to walk away with the award."

The three-man band was formed especially for Smokefreerockquest, he said.

"We had been practicing since January for that moment and we let it all out. We just rocked

it."

Admin
Admin

https://clara-van-wel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum