Clara Van Wel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» how to export olm to pst
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 am by RogerBarraza

» Discount Coupon code for Leawo YouTube Downloader Pro software
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am by HermanRichards

» Discount Coupon code for Movavi Video Converter Personal software
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 12:16 pm by HermanRichards

» Discount Coupon Code for Zoolz Cloud 500 GB
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:35 am by HermanRichards

» convert edb to pst file
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:05 pm by HermanRichards

» Export-mac-olm-to-pst-3.1
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 am by kevinhoule

» Native Instruments Maschine Version 1.6.2 (Mac)
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 am by chereglad

» Ninel Conde En Playboy Xxx
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:09 am by chereglad

» Scandals Unlimited 3gp
Our Girls Got Talent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 pm by chereglad

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Our Girls Got Talent

Go down

Our Girls Got Talent Empty Our Girls Got Talent

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/8027061/Our-girls-got-talent

The dream came true last night for young Marlborough singer-composer Clara van Wel.

She topped a short but already- successful career as a solo performer by winning the final of the popular television show New Zealand's Got Talent, on TV One.

Speaking to The Marlborough Express last night, Clara said she was "thrilled and overwhelmed".

"It's everything I have ever imagined and I'm really scared that I'm going to wake up."

The 15-year-old Marlborough Girl's College student, who had missed a couple of NCEA level 1 exams while she was in Auckland recording the various episodes, thanked Marlborough people for their "incredible" support since the beginning of the show and said it had been like a rollercoaster ride.

"It's the most incredible journey I have ever had. I'm sad it's over, but it's been amazing."

Although the final was filmed on Thursday, Clara said the feeling of winning had still not sunk in.

"I don't think it ever will. It's just a dream come true."

The singer's next step will be to record her first single, Where Do You Find Love?, which will be released before Christmas as part of her prize, along with a recording contract, a Toyota Corolla car and $100,000. While she's still too young to drive the car, she says the cash will be going into the bank to invest in her music career.

She ended the show last night with Where Do You Find Love?. It is her own composition, which she also performed in the grand final last week.

Earlier in the final, Clara and fellow finalists Jessie Hillel and Evan Sinton wowed the audience with a slick performance of Gotye hit Somebody That I Used to Know.

Clara paid tribute to her fellow finalists, describing them as "just incredible".

In the star-studded final, Kiwi rockers Dane Rumble and Evermore and judges Jason Kerrison and Ali Campbell also performed along with acts from earlier shows, before the finalists were called back for the big announcement. Clara's parents and younger sister were watching in the studio audience.

As the news broke, fans went on Facebook and Twitter to share their congratulations and Clara said her phone had been bombarded with calls. While Marlborough friends and supporters will be anxious to celebrate with her, Clara said she had one thing on her mind when she gets home.

"The first thing I'm going to do is sleep."

Admin
Admin

https://clara-van-wel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum